Sometimes a project may not be going to plan, criteria cannot be met or goals will not be achieved. This time it could be you who will be required to report on this to management. What is the best way to go about it?
· First of all make sure that your team knows the reason the required outcomes are not being met, and then
· Have some specific recommendations to offer.
This is important because being involved in the failing project gives you and your team an insight into why the problems are occurring; and if you know why things are going wrong you should have some good ideas on how to get the project back on track.
The basic objective in this type of presentation is to let the facts speak for themselves – so you will need to:
· Inform management of the specific issues which are causing the problems; is it lack of resources, unrealistic time frames, or inadequate training. Whatever it is be precise and give examples.
· Having outlined the problem now make recommendations for changes that you or your team feel will resolve the issue. Again be absolutely precise and specific. What needs to be done, who needs to do it and any changes this will entail to the original project criteria.
· Now you will need to obtain management’s agreement and support for your recommendations.
By outlining the problems and offering thoughtful recommendations for resolution, giving management negative results need not be so difficult. Often if these reports are given timely they can save time and money which may be wasted in pursuing unrealistic goals.
To sum up the three point format is:
1. Provide all the facts
2. Do not assign blame to anyone
3. Provide specific recommendations.
We offer many programs that include the techinques for enhancing your communication skills… check out my website: www.trishspringsteen.com for further information.’
Book a free conversation with Trish
Don’t forget to download you copy of 3 Keys to Public Speaking
Multi International Award Winner Speaking Mentor, Coach
International Best Selling Author, Get Known Be Seen WebTV Host
Clients work with Trish because they know she can help them have the confidence and self-belief to leverage their business with speaking and communication. Trish typically works with business owners, introverts, authors and advocates helping them to have the confidence to step up and share their message with those who need to hear it. Believe Act Share, become empowered for success, Get Known Be Seen and become the Influencer you want to be.
Subscribe to Trischel’s YouTube channel http://bit.ly/TrishTalks
Follow Trish on Get Known Be Seen WebTV