Did you know that programmes that identify, harness and leverage off workplace diversity, like team building programmes incorporating the Team Management Profile (TMP) have been shown to;
· Improve organisational adaptability and flexibility in a rapidly changing marketplace
· Enhance attraction and retention of the best talent through increased job satisfaction, morale and productivity
· Reduce costs associated with turnover, absenteeism and low productivity
· Show a return on investment (ROI) from innovation through improved collaboration, communication and creativity.
The TMP gives individuals the self-knowledge and strategies required to improve their performance at work. So, as a personal development tool, it is extremely informative and helpful.
From a team perspective, once everyone’s individual TMP is combined, a map of a team’s collective strengths and areas for improvement can be easily created. From this data, a team can strategize on maximising their strengths and minimising the gaps regarding:
· What tasks team members prefer to do – are we working to our strengths? Am I in the right job?
· Your team dynamics – how do the members of the team work together and improve teamwork, collaboration and efficiency and in interactions outside the team?
· The likely impact of the least represented roles in the team – how might the team ‘plug the gaps’? Do we have to up skill someone in the team? Is it better to outsource this type of work to a professional, given that it is not the team’s strength? Shall the team delegate the work to someone who would do it well?
· How can the team sustain and maintain high performance at work?
The TMP provides the knowledge required to improve work performance at an individual and team level. If team members achieve a higher level of congruence between their work preferences and job demands, then you have a team where people are undertaking work they enjoy. Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and motivation rise astronomically and you are on the way to becoming a high performing team.
The Team Management Profile (TMP) is a research-proven psychometric profiling tool for personal, team and leadership development, based on the Margerison-McCann Team Management Wheel. The report provides constructive, work focused information that helps individuals understand why they work the way they do, and develop strategies for improving how they work with others.
The key to an organisation’s success lies in the ability of people to work effectively together. This only occurs when individuals understand their unique contribution and use these insights to implement change. Organisation’s now have more horizontal than vertical command structures, often where people move from team to team and project to project. In these conditions, people have to communicate and collaborate effectively to get the work done effectively. Increasingly, the bottom line is becoming more dependent on people working well together.
Sharyn Clayton has just joined Trischel’s Training Development Team; she is a Certified Facilitator of Team Management Systems’ Team Management Profiles. If you want to take advantage of the benefits that TMS Profiling can bring to your organisation contact us for more details.