How do you handle questions after your presentation? Do you get a little flustered? Not sure how to admit you just don’t know the answer?
Here are some tips to help.
1. If you don’t know the answer to the question be honest and admit it. There are many good reasons to do this.
· You will be seen as being honest, and honesty builds credibility.
· It will build rapport with your audience
· If you get it wrong – you are likely to be corrected publicly.
If it is something that you can check and get back to the questioner, then say so and do it. If you fail to get back to them your credibility will suffer.
2, Where appropriate engage the audience. Turn the question back to the audience and ask for ideas and opinions on the question. Don’t forget to summarise the responses at the end and ask the questioner if his question was answered.
3. If you are presenting a specifically technical subject and you are not an expert in the field, then it may be useful to take an expert along with you. Even if they are not involved in the presentation they will be invaluable during questions. This takes the pressure off you as the presenter.
Question and Answer sessions are an excellent way to clear up misconceptions or to clarify points of your presentation. Which means that you should prepare not only the main speech, but also the answers to obvious questions you may be asked. If you do this carefully you should not have a problem handling this part of the task. But if you do get one that you didn’t expect then have a conversation with Trish.
What to know more about giving presentations? Then logon to our website at https://www.trishspringsteen.com and check out a personal communication coaching programme with Trish.
Contact Trish for a free conversation
Don’t forget to download you copy of 3 Keys to Public Speaking
Multi International Award Winner Speaking Mentor, Coach
International Best Selling Author, Get Known Be Seen WebTV Host
Clients work with Trish because they know she can help them have the confidence and self-belief to leverage their business with speaking and communication. Trish typically works with business owners, introverts, authors and advocates helping them to have the confidence to step up and share their message with those who need to hear it. Believe Act Share, become empowered for success, Get Known Be Seen and become the Influencer you want to be.
Subscribe to Trischel’s YouTube channel http://bit.ly/TrishTalks
Follow Trish on Get Known Be Seen WebTV