“Stop thinking of ‘video marketing’ as this separate entity that is optional for your business. Video is an effective form of communication that needs to be integrated into each and every aspect of your existing marketing efforts.” James Wedmore
Videos allow you to personally share your message and business. Your clients can see who you are and what you are passionate about. Expand your speaking skills and step outside your comfort zone. A good place to start could be by giving a video testimonial to someone you have worked with, bought from, attended their workshop, or done business with.
Video testimonials are a golden opportunity for you to advertise your own business whilst saying something nice and worthwhile about the workshop you have attended or person you have done business with. Testimonials are a marketing opportunity for you – use it, don’t waste it.
Follow these simple guidelines and you will be on your way to making videos work for you and your business.
- Step forward and say YES
- Give yourself a few minutes to structure in your mind what you are going to say. If you are really proactive you will already have thought this through and have realised how you can utilise your speaking skills and are using them.
- Speak Clearly and don’t rush – use pause to highlight the points you are sharing
- Look straight at the video and speak as if you are speaking to a friend sharing the wonderful time you have just had
- Start with your name and your business
- Give one or two constructive thoughts on the workshop or event –make it meaningful and quantitative if possible. Just saying it was great, is not enough. If you can pick one or two points that will change or enhance your business it will be more valuable to the presenter and will ensure that your testimonial is used. Work on sharing the benefits you have gained from the event.
- Keep it concise
- Finish with your name and your business
Work on becoming comfortable with videos. Giving video testimonials allows you to get used to appearing in front of the camera.
You can start using videos very quickly and simply. As easy as picking up your smartphone and doing a short introduction to your business. You don’t have to have expensive equipment, lights and screens. Your videos can be as simple and as complicated as you want to make them.
The next step is to see where you can use your speaking skills to incorporate videos into your business. They could be on your website, Facebook posts, in your blogs, on LinkedIn, on YouTube or as part of an online course. You also have Facebook livestreaming, Instagram and Snapchat.
The possibilities are endless as you enhance your public speaking skills and confidence.
Where are you going to be adding video for your business?
Don’t forget to download you copy of 10 Free Tips For Improving Your Presentation
Multi International Award Winning Public Speaking Mentor Coach Author
Trish typically works with introverts, authors and advocates helping them to have the confidence to step up and share their message with those who need to hear it.
Contact Trish for a complimentary discovery session on email@example.com
Subscribe to Trischel’s YouTube channel http://bit.ly/145mDWq